PMES is an operating business of Ultra Electronics who are a world leading group of specialist businesses designing, manufacturing and supporting electronic and electromechanical systems, sub-systems and products for defence, security and aerospace applications worldwide.
PMES, based in Staffordshire, designs, develops, manufactures, tests and installs a diverse range of products, systems and solutions for the Rail, Defence, Energy & Aerospace markets.
PMES has two exciting new opportunities for Wirer Fitters to join the Assembly team reporting to the Production Manager.
Reporting to the Assembly Team Leader, PMES is looking to recruit Wirer Fitters in the assembly department. The successful candidate will be a self motivated, flexible with an ability to read and interpret drawings
The role requires the candidate to assemble and wire electronic control cubicles systems and sub assemblies to drawings, wiring schedules and circuit diagrams in a timely and professional manner. Refurbish returned equipment and Install and modify equipment on customer’s premises.
• Receive Job Package and review
• Prioritise build sequence
• Ensure all work is of a high standard
• Build job from all the relevant information provided e.g. GA’S, Cct diagrams, Wiring schedules
• Recognise and work around shortage problems
• Experienced in specialist tooling
• To have the ability to work unsupervised
• To undertake the build of first off / prototype equipment and liaise with Engineering to achieve optimum solutions
• Liaise with Engineering re: any design change/rectification
• Liaise with QA department on standards, i.e. Engineering Manual, preferred components, workmanship standards
• Liaise with Material Control re: component/material problems
• To work with Test / Engineering to resolve problems as they occur
• To operate all equipment in a safe and effective manner
• Ability to plum pipe work etc, for water cooled rectifiers
• To create fault sheets
• Working off site as and when required
• To be available to work two shift patterns as and when required
• Apprentice trained or appropriate equivalent experience in a comparable role within a similar industry
• Minimum five years previous experience allied to a proven ability to correctly interpret manufacturing information and carry out related self- inspection tasks
• Flexibility, motivation and commitment
• Knowledge of internal and ISO9001; 2015 Quality systems
• Knowledge of modern manufacturing management techniques
• Awareness of Health & Safety requirements
• GCSE Grade C Math’s & English or equivalent at grade A*-C/9-4
• Good communication skills at all levels of the organization
• Must be able to get full SC Clearance with no restrictions
Preferred but not essential:
• IPC 620 & 610 as required.
• J – STD – 001 soldering standard.
Ultra Electronics is committed to equal opportunities and career development both within and across all businesses.