Test Systems Manager
The Test Systems Manager is responsible for the development and commissioning of Test Eqµipment including the corresponding safety considerations, documentation and maintenance aspects. This will require working close!y with Development Project Teams·to define Product Test requirements and also ensure Design for Manufacture / Design for Test issues are considered. It will entail working with Manufacturing to integrate Test Equipment into current Production Cells, with a focus on minimizing Production costs and times.
Manage the Test Systems Department to achieve delivery of required Test equipment within budget and to Project Timescales.
- Development, construction and procuring of Production Test Equipment in line with the requirements defined by Engineering. The solutions generated: to benefit for purpose, robust and cost effective. This will involve specifying Hardware, developing Software, commissioning programming PCBs.
- Ensure Test Equipment complies with Company Health and Safety guidelines, this includes organising safety Reviews and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure Test Documentation, User Manuals and Build Records are kept updated.
- Write, approve and issue Test Specifications/ Procedures according to the Company Document Configuration Processes.
- Work with Engineering to help resolve technical issues that may arise during the development of a product.
- Monitor the test times within the product cost: where appropriate, Implement improvements to test equipment and processes that result in efficiency improvements.
- Manage and plan the department workload, this includes resourcing and resolving priority conflict issues. Reporting on estimated delivery dates and adherence to costs targets.
- Work with the supplier base delivering to Operations, to assess if they have appropriate tes t equipment.
- Give accurate estimates of test equipment costs required for the Bid Process.
- Create business cases for investment1n new test equipment.
- Represent Test at Design Reviews and Project Meetings; to -ensure all Test and Acceptance activities are identified and designs are optimized in line with OFT considerations.
- Manage direct reports, highlighting any development/ training needs and monitoring 1f targets are being met.
- Manage third part test equipment suppliers.
- Attend Production daily standups, giving status updates on priorities. resources, equipment, documentation and user training.
- Provide Test operator training on product testing and fault finding.
- Take responsibility for in-house Test equipment, ensuring it is fully logged, labeled, calibrated, serviced and safety tested
5-10 years of experience in a Test Engineering in a Production envi
- Demonstrable experience with Development/ Provision/ Management of Test Faciliti.es, ideally within the Defence
- Experience of Departmental Management, eg control departmental budget and conducting employee performance reviews.
- Knowledge of Analogue and Digital electronics, Signal Processing and RF Techniques.
- Knowledge of appropriate programming appli<,alions (e.g. NI l abVIEW ) and ATE hardware (GPIB, PXI and USB based hardware) is essential.
- SC level Security Clearance 1s mandatory for this role
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…The culture at Ultra Electronics is very friendly and people are always willing to help each other. I really enjoy working here and am continually learning and developing my skills.
Senior management is very approachable and has an open door policy which helps effective communication. I feel that my contribution to the success of the business really is appreciated and this motivates me to keep improving…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.