Permanent – 37 hours per week
- To work on business systems development projects improvements under guidance of Senior Business Systems Team Members
- To perform basic database administrative tasks.
- Develop and maintain modifications to in house ERP system and associated 3rd party applications, using SQL and basic scripting
- Provide 1st Line User Support.
- Reporting Writing and Data analysis
- Any other tasks associated with this role.
- System support of all business systems to include report writing, user admin and system customisation.
- Bespoke development support using scripting such as Visual Studio.
- Report design using Crystal Reports
- Support of the ERP, Intranet, PLM and BI systems under guidance of Senior Business System team members
- Enhance Business System applications using built in configuration tools and minor scripting (SQL, Dot Net) as required
- Ensure and maintain data integrity, evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Proactively collaborate and communicate with system users to identify improvements by studying current practices and designing modifications
- Work with system users to define report requirements; deliver reports using the most appropriate technology
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures
- Provide reference information for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and training the users
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and reviewing professional publications
- Additional Business Systems tasks as required by the department workload
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Good knowledge in PL-SQL.
- Awareness of .net technologies.
- Awareness on Relational Databases (Oracle and Microsoft SQL)
- Experience in Crystal reports is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong customer service outlook
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
Providing the successful candidate has a good awareness of systems development primarily scripting and database, full training will be provided on the in-house Business Systems
College Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…The culture at Ultra Electronics is very friendly and people are always willing to help each other. I really enjoy working here and am continually learning and developing my skills.
Senior management is very approachable and has an open door policy which helps effective communication. I feel that my contribution to the success of the business really is appreciated and this motivates me to keep improving…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.