Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity. Ultra CIS develops secure communications devices and cryptographic equipment protecting such things as the worldwide internet, credit card transactions, military platforms and personnel. Our Hardware Security Module, is used to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other commercial organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. Ultra CIS have also developed, and continue to develop next generation cryptographic products for the UK MOD and export markets involving leading edge hardware, firmware and software. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain. Due to recent contract awards and growth of the business, the Communication Systems Business Unit of Ultra CIS are looking to expand their team, and actively recruiting for a Solution’s Architect, who can demonstrate:
- Work with customers to develop solution requirements, and to foresee their future needs.
- Generate system solutions, maximising re-use of existing products within the Ultra portfolio.
- Produce high quality, robust white papers and technical proposals to meet customer needs.
- Develop cost estimates to support the generation of bids.
- Provide briefings and demonstrations to individuals and groups, both at Ultra and customer premises.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Ultra products and services.
- Manage own time and workload to efficiently deliver multiple, concurrent work packages.
- Build relationships, and ensure Ultra is represented as a professional, capable and reliable organisation to both existing and potential customers.
- Attend meetings with customers away from the Greenford site, occasionally on short notice. For guidance, applicants should anticipate an average of approximately two trips per month, with a total duration of 5-7 days, (variable depending on workload).
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Previous position in a customer-facing technical role.
- Demonstrable experience in concept development, system design and architecting solutions; able to demonstrate ‘systems thinking’ in problem solving.
- Prior involvement in the generation of bids.
- An ability to learn (e.g. to gain full knowledge of current Ultra products)
- Demonstrate an ability to build effective relationships with customers at all levels, and be held in high regard by them.
- Willingness to travel, both within the UK and overseas.
- Experience in Radio systems, military equipment and cryptographic products (desirable)
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…After completing 24 years of military service, I was keen to find employment with a progressive technology company.
Ultra Electronics is without doubt at the forefront of providing digital recording solutions and this is one of the main reasons that the work as a Project Engineer within the company is so demanding but also very rewarding.
I have enjoyed several overseas trips to oversee the installation and training of systems for which I have been responsible. The travel has also helped in further developing the relationships the company has with the customers, agents and suppliers across the world.
Colleagues within the company are always very supportive and there is always a good feeling of team spirit within all sections of Ultra…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.