Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity. Ultra CIS develops secure communications devices and cryptographic equipment protecting such things as the worldwide internet, credit card transactions, military platforms and personnel. Our Hardware Security Module, is used to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other commercial organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. Ultra CIS have also developed, and continue to develop next generation cryptographic products for the UK MOD and export markets involving leading edge hardware, firmware and software. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain. Due to recent contract awards and growth of the business, the Communication Systems Business Unit of Ultra CIS are looking to expand their team, and actively recruiting for a Solution’s Architect, who can demonstrate:
- Work with customers to develop solution requirements, and to foresee their future needs.
- Generate system solutions, maximising re-use of existing products within the Ultra portfolio.
- Produce high quality, robust white papers and technical proposals to meet customer needs.
- Develop cost estimates to support the generation of bids.
- Provide briefings and demonstrations to individuals and groups, both at Ultra and customer premises.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Ultra products and services.
- Manage own time and workload to efficiently deliver multiple, concurrent work packages.
- Build relationships, and ensure Ultra is represented as a professional, capable and reliable organisation to both existing and potential customers.
- Attend meetings with customers away from the Greenford site, occasionally on short notice. For guidance, applicants should anticipate an average of approximately two trips per month, with a total duration of 5-7 days, (variable depending on workload).
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Previous position in a customer-facing technical role.
- Demonstrable experience in concept development, system design and architecting solutions; able to demonstrate ‘systems thinking’ in problem solving.
- Prior involvement in the generation of bids.
- An ability to learn (e.g. to gain full knowledge of current Ultra products)
- Demonstrate an ability to build effective relationships with customers at all levels, and be held in high regard by them.
- Willingness to travel, both within the UK and overseas.
- Experience in Radio systems, military equipment and cryptographic products (desirable)
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Greenford office has an onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
Please be aware that many roles working for Ultra will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organization.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…One of the main reasons that I joined Ultra Electronics five years ago was that I saw a company with the motivation to grow by recognising that the employees are at the heart of the company…
Over the past five years Ultra has proven that my initial motivations were well founded by supporting my career progression by providing structured training plans, reviews, training courses, personal coaching and on-the-job training.
All of this is strengthened by an open and supportive environment in which all employees are respectfully and fairly treated…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.