We have an exciting opportunity for a Software/Systems Engineer to join our Systems/ Engineering team based in Wimborne, Dorset.
In this role you will be responsible for completing the final stages of a complex, long term (> 2 years) project as we work towards formal software testing, system testing, release and installation.
The core purpose of the software development has been to migrate an old software system written in Pascal and running on DOS into a “like for like” system written in Ada and running on Linux.
You will be responsible for taking the project through informal test and formal software and system test, to release, delivery and installation. It will involve careful understanding of the software requirements and other documentation that has already been produced.
- Gap analysis of software test procedure against requirements to produce an appendix
- Testing software against software test procedure (& appendix)
- Maintaining defect log using Bugzilla
- Software documentation – test, design substantiation, release
- Possibly reviewing code updates produced by others (in Ada) to relevant coding standard
The role will be office based. There is a potential to be involved with the installation at the customer site (UK, South East coast), which could involve working away for a short period. This would not be solitary work as there would be a team going to site as there is a considerable amount of other equipment to be installed.
It may be necessary to work extended hours from time to time so a flexible attitude and approach to working hours is essential.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Experience of requirement management tools (DOORS, CRADLE etc.) as well as diagnostic tools, for problem investigation (Experience with Bugzilla, Linux, DOORS and Subversion would be advantageous).
- Knowledge of Ada and Pascal (Desirable)
- HND or Degree preferably one of: Computer Science, Electronics, Maths, Physics, or similar
- Extensive experience testing and documenting complex software/systems.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Ultra Electronics are an equal opportunities employer.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…The culture at Ultra Electronics is very friendly and people are always willing to help each other. I really enjoy working here and am continually learning and developing my skills.
Senior management is very approachable and has an open door policy which helps effective communication. I feel that my contribution to the success of the business really is appreciated and this motivates me to keep improving…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.