Ultra Electronics Communication & Integrated Systems (Ultra CIS) is one of the larger UK based Ultra businesses and is operationally run as four business units: Communication Systems, GigaSat, EWST and Surveillance & Security Systems. Within Surveillance & Security Systems we provide situational awareness technology to the Oil and Gas industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer to join our Service team based in Aberdeen.
The post holder will work within the service team on a wide variety of Ultra products, providing maintenance support, help desk support, fault finding and upgrade/installation support. Position will be office / workshop based with travel to customers’ offshore/onshore sites and vessels.
- Complete scheduled maintenance on Ultra systems in accordance with current maintenance routines.
- Participate in the Help Desk rota and submission of weekly status reports to Customers.
- Participate in the on-call and standby Engineer rotas.
- Provide technical support and resolve faults on Ultra systems.
- Repair of Ultra supplied equipment in Aberdeen workshop and onshore/offshore at customer sites, ensure all test procedures and site records are accurately updated.
- Assists other team members in the identification of more complex problems and can apply diagnostic methods to identify causes and propose possible solutions.
- Provide estimates (time & materials) for tasks and deliver to them.
- Adhere to company practices and policies, especially health and safety and report any issues.
- Responsible for quality and timeliness of own work
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Aberdeen office has free parking and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Experience installing, maintaining and repairing complex electronic systems in an offshore or marine environment.
- Good understanding of IT, Networks and Software based solutions
- Flexible and proactive team player able to multi-task using own initiative to make timely and effective decisions without supervision
- Methodical approach to problems with good attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- Self-motivated, determined and result orientated, enjoying and responding well to challenges
- Positive, can do attitude with logical approach to problem solving. Not afraid to challenge and change the ways things are done to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Willing to work overtime and to travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas as required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible approach to working hours and patterns inclusive of anti-social hours, such as weekends and bank holidays
- Basic skills in wiring and mechanical fitting and use of both bench and hand portable test equipment
- ONC / HNC / HND or Degree in Electronic / Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or qualified by experience
- Full driving licence
- Working at height
- BOSIET Offshore Survival, Medical, MIST
- Desirable: Formal qualifications in IT / Software or related discipline
Ability to obtain SC (BPSS level) required
Please be aware that many roles working for Ultra will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organization.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.