Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity. Ultra CIS develops secure communications devices and cryptographic equipment protecting such things as the worldwide internet, credit card transactions, military platforms and personnel. Our Hardware Security Module, is used to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other commercial organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. Ultra CIS have also developed, and continue to develop next generation cryptographic products for the UK MOD and export markets involving leading edge hardware, firmware and software. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment (at either our Gloucester site or our recently refurbished Greenford office which is easily accessible from London via the Central Line) and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain. Due to recent contract awards and growth of the business, the Communication Systems Business Unit of Ultra CIS are looking to expand their product development Systems Test capability, and actively recruiting for Systems Test Engineers of all grades and experience, who can demonstrate:
- Develop manual and automated system level testing of products, throughout the development lifecycle, to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
- Create and maintain Systems Test artefacts, such as Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports, as required, throughout the product development lifecycle, to result in a positive project outcome.
- Carry out Systems Test activities in accordance with Systems Test artefacts, so that test, qualification and acceptance events are completed successfully.
- Input to project management process regarding estimates to complete; potential risks and opportunities; project issues; and reporting of progress / completion.
- Represent System Test in design reviews and customer meetings.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Work closely with project management and engineering project leads to create proposals that drive down project costs and increase margin.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Significant experience and a full understanding of Systems Test Engineering and Systems Test events.
- Significant experience of developing Systems Test artefacts and achieving a compliant systems design.
- Experience in writing high quality technical documentation and the formal technical review of such material.
- Experience of DOORS and automated test tools.
- Experience of EMC and TEMPEST qualification testing, and working with external test houses.
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject desirable.
- Willing and able to obtain, and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…After completing 24 years of military service, I was keen to find employment with a progressive technology company.
Ultra Electronics is without doubt at the forefront of providing digital recording solutions and this is one of the main reasons that the work as a Project Engineer within the company is so demanding but also very rewarding.
I have enjoyed several overseas trips to oversee the installation and training of systems for which I have been responsible. The travel has also helped in further developing the relationships the company has with the customers, agents and suppliers across the world.
Colleagues within the company are always very supportive and there is always a good feeling of team spirit within all sections of Ultra…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.