We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer seeking a new challenge. Ultra is experiencing growth in its Hull Mounted and Towed Array SONAR systems programs across a range of innovative new products at different levels of maturity, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team. You will be involved in multiple disciplines (Electronics, Algorithms, Software, Mechanical) from early prototyping to early trial through to full production and as such provide a rich technical background on which to thrive.
As a consequence, we need to grow the Systems Engineering team to meet the growing demand for Systems Engineering resource.
This Senior Systems Engineering role will provide one or more projects with the required Systems Engineering support to ensure the project delivery targets are met and that the technical solution is compliant against all contractual and legal requirements
- Develop and manage the contractual functional and non-functional System Requirements.
- Ensure the technical solution is compliant against the required legislative, Industrial and Military standards.
- Produce derived requirements for detailed design within the Mechanical, Electrical and Software engineering functions
- Produce system test plans and procedures for system verification and qualification.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s or higher degree or have equivalent experience.
- A good appreciation of mechanical, electrical and software engineering principals.
- Experience in negotiating and agreeing system requirements with customers and stakeholders
- Requirements management in IBM DOORs
- Experience in writing test plans and specifications
- Experience in environmental qualification (EMC, Temperature, Shock and Vibration) of systems and sub-systems.
- Configuration control of documentation, software and design baselines
- Component and sub-system procurement specifications
- Literate in MS Office tools
- Chartered Status
- Technical leadership of multi-disciplinary teams
- System Modelling Experience
- Knowledge of any of the following; Submarine weapon Interface Systems, Naval Data Distribution Systems, Electro-Optical Video Surveillance and Target Tracking systems, Naval Fire Control Systems, Naval Sonar Systems, Naval Combat Management Systems
- Good communicator both written and face-to-face
- A keen interest in the development of new naval and military technologies
- An inquisitive and hands-on approach to solving engineering problems
- Assertive and able to prioritise and progress urgent/important tasks
- Enjoys working in dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Must have or be able to achieve SC clearance
Empowering you to reach your full potential
We trust and empower each other, we love to celebrate success and we win as a team. Together, we embrace change and we’re never satisfied until we’ve done what we said we’d do
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.