Business: Command & Sonar Systems
JOB TITLE Senior Software Test Engineer
Ultra Command & Sonar Systems (CSS) has an existing opportunity for a Software Test Engineer up to Senior level to contribute to our rapidly expanding business. The candidate will have input into test planning, scripting, and execution of test scenarios; interfacing to advanced sonar processing sub-systems deployed on Windows and Linux operating systems within virtualized environments. This role would suit a test engineer with a keen interest in leading software technology and a proven ability to deliver testing of software components as part of a wider complex product.
- Ability to generate structured Software Test Planning and Elaboration documentation.
- Support the design and execution of Systems and Software Tests to verify and validate that our Sonar Systems meet requirements, quality, performance and reliability criteria.
- Support of user acceptance evaluations, Factory Acceptance Tests, systems trials and confidence testing.
- Accountable for supporting the development and maintenance of the CSS Software test strategy, testing quality framework, and test methodology.
- Good understanding of Software architectural and detailed design, using UML with Enterprise Architect and DOORS would be desirable.
- Supports the policy and standards for the performing of business process testing.
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Testing experience in a similar role – Essential
- Ability to understand and use Requirements Analysis to support test design and planning-
- Working within a software development team debugging, reviewing and some coding –
- Good understanding of Software Configuration and Build Management – Desirable
- Knowledge of UML, Enterprise Architect or DOORS – Desirable
- Knowledge of C++, RTI DDS, UML – Desirable
- ISEB Accreditation in Software Testing or equivalent – Desirable
- A good working understanding of Microsoft applications – Desirable
- Experience of using testing tools and Test Harness frameworks: Jira, Redmine –
- Sonar domain knowledge, or similar signal processing intensive applications –
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and with good leadership and inter-personal skills;
- Batchelor’s degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Experience of the whole Software Development lifecycle
- An appreciation of Agile, Waterfall and V Model lifecycles
- Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools;
- Capable of obtaining Security Clearance to at least SC level;