Senior Software Developer
Corvid’s expertise, intelligence and technology are available to protect any business against cyber threats.
A career at Corvid promises much more than its generous salary and prime location. With plenty of autonomy, you’re trusted to use whichever technologies and toolsets you think would be best to get the job done, and encouraged to make use of on-the-job learning and colleague knowledge to expand your skillset.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and competent Senior Software Developer to join our well-established cyber and computer forensics technological development team. As a keen technologist, you’ll have a background in IT infrastructure and/or software engineering. Original ideas and innovation are strongly encouraged, and you’ll play a pivotal role in developing complex, unique features.
The applications and projects are varied, so you’ll need to be comfortable working both as part of a team and autonomously. Our developers work largely in C#, Python, Java and C++, but we’re happy to consider any technical background, as long as you have a desire to learn new skills and work with cutting-edge tools and technologies.
- Design, develop and maintain an advanced suite of in-house software applications, agents and scripts.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues across a broad range of technologies.
- Work on cyber defence and response development activities, collaborating with our team of specialist cyber incident responders and technical security experts.
- Be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle, from initial concepts to prototyping, deployment and testing.
Skills & experience required:
- At least five years’ relevant experience.
- Strong coding abilities – proficient in at least one high-level language, ideally C#, C++ or Java.
- Experience with database technologies, particularly big data solutions.
- Experience with messaging technologies (AMQP).
- An understanding of source control, bug tracking and the software development lifecycle.
- Experience of designing RESTful APIs.
- Hardware, network and application design and monitoring.
- A keen interest in and knowledge of emerging technologies.
- The ability to follow a fast, iterative and agile development approach.
- Entity Framework