Senior HR Business Partner
Fixed Term Contract: 12 months (there is potential for this to be extended or become permanent TBC)
Based: Greenford with occasional travel to other Ultra Electronics PCS sites
To enable our business to perform and deliver to customer requirements by developing their Talent, Organisation and Culture. This includes but is not limited to HR strategy, coaching and development, advice and guidance and employee relations.
Total employee population of customer groups supported up to 200 employees and managers (who may work across more than one UK site). One direct report.
- The go-to person for HR strategy within the areas of the business you support, using your expertise to improve business operation.
- Working with the business to identify resourcing and engagement opportunities, challenges and requirements.
- Provide advice, coaching and support to managers and employees including providing recommendations on a wide range of employment related issues, e.g. employee health, grievance, conduct and capability, organisational change and employee and employment relations matters, ensuring the implementation of policy, legislation and good practice.
- To resolve Employee Relations matters efficiently utilising negotiating skills to reach a win: win situation.
- You will contribute to Group HR projects and support the implementation of recommendations and actions within the business.
- You will at all times professionally represent Ultra, the business and employees.
- Champion a culture of continuous learning and be the business lead for all Learning & development strategy, interventions and plans.
- Deliver the actions and objectives agreed in your PDR.
- Provide recommendations to HR Director on continuous improvement initiatives ensuring that we continue to offer an HR service aligned to the business.
The role will also include one or more of the following;
- Ensure the Apprentice, Graduate and Work Placement programmes are effectively structured and managed across the business
- Develop, review and maintain policies, procedures, forms and templates to ensure they are current, compliant and meet the needs of the business
- Identify, develop, deliver and/or source as needed appropriate Learning & Development interventions. Ensure that any interventions developed can be delivered across the business.
- Ensure our Performance Management processes are up-to-date, legally compliant and ensure an appropriate outcome.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
Prior experience gained over several years within Human Resources, including experience of managing other HR professionals.
Experience within an HRBP generalist role providing pragmatic and commercially savvy HR interventions and guidance to employees and varying levels of management. Experience in using Microsoft office.
Desirable: Experience within the Engineering sector, Aerospace / Defence or Manufacturing
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Qualified to CIPD Level 7 or equivalent
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…After completing 24 years of military service, I was keen to find employment with a progressive technology company.
Ultra Electronics is without doubt at the forefront of providing digital recording solutions and this is one of the main reasons that the work as a Project Engineer within the company is so demanding but also very rewarding.
I have enjoyed several overseas trips to oversee the installation and training of systems for which I have been responsible. The travel has also helped in further developing the relationships the company has with the customers, agents and suppliers across the world.
Colleagues within the company are always very supportive and there is always a good feeling of team spirit within all sections of Ultra…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.