Ultra Electronics Command & Sonar Systems (CSS) has an exciting opportunity for an engineer experienced in the maintenance and support of complex sonar and electro-optical systems.
You will be responsible for supporting CSS’s products in service, ensuring our customers are able to achieve mission success 24/7/365, anywhere in the world. You will be a highly visible presence in front of our customers, leading trials, installation and support activities on board UK Royal Navy and export navy vessels across a global environment.
No two days at Ultra are the same, and you will have the opportunity to develop your practical skills within the maritime & underwater warfare domain, and grow your career in a fast paced, rapidly expanding, area of the defence sector.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- As a customer-facing representative of Ultra Electronics, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and executing pre-fit surveys, equipment installations, removal and disposal and defect rectification work of our electro-optical and sonar systems
- Conducting setting-to-work and presenting Ultra’s equipment for installation inspections, harbour acceptance trials and sea acceptance trials
- Overseeing and managing the work of third party contractors and other Ultra staff to ensure successful completion of integration, installation trials, evaluation and acceptance
- Planning and executing trials on-land and at-sea
- Supporting factor acceptance tests and training development work
- Producing field visit reports following the conclusion of field activities
- Working in the field, including overseas, at short notice and during unsociable hour
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- A trustworthy and dependable individual, you will have experience of:
- Working on-board naval vessels, preferably as a Royal Navy Senior Rate or Warrant Officer
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical and electronic faults
- The maintenance of complex electrical systems with an appreciation of mechanical systems
- Leading and working ‘hands on’ during installation, integration, testing and trials
- Writing reports and communicating the outcomes of work to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Dealing with difficult stakeholders and working under pressure to achieve challenging deadlines