Senior Commercial Officer – Cheltenham
A superb opportunity to join or progress within Ultra Electronics Precision Control Systems, a leading developer of mission and safety critical equipment in the aerospace and defence industries.
We support our military and civil aerospace customers by providing innovative electronic, electro-mechanical and pneumatic solutions for safety critical and high integrity applications. We also provide equipment for modern military land vehicles that improve their reliability and performance whilst reducing the burden on their operators and maintainers.
As a member of the Commercial Team, support the winning and delivery of profitable business. Support effective governance through adherence to Commercial policies and associated processes and procedures.
Actively support the winning and delivery of profitable business and provide commercial support and governance to the business by ensuring the company contracts with customers and suppliers on terms that protect the business.
• Support the timely submission of bids and proposals ensuring commercial integrity and compliance with all applicable Ultra group and PCS policies, processes and legislation with specific responsibility for responding to the commercial aspects
• Contract formalisation; creating and issuing contracts to send to providers for signature after tender award and formal acceptance stage (obtaining and checking approvals)
• Process requests for contract variations via the use of a change control process; create letters or formal documentation for contract termination, extension and remediation.
• Present commercial aspects of proposals and contracts at internal bid reviews and contract launches, to all levels of seniority, ensuring that the contractual obligations are known, understood and are being addressed.
• Assist with the identification of commercial risk, develop and implement effective mitigation strategies and actions and report the risk and progress with mitigation strategies internally
• Support drafting and review of agreements including, but not limited to NDAs/PIAs, MoUs, LTAs, Agency Agreements, PDS, Teaming Agreements
• General administrative duties including photocopying, scanning, minute taking, arranging meetings and updating appropriate tracking spread sheets
• Effective day-to-day management of contracts, including customer liaison and customer relationship management on contractual matters
• Support the development and negotiation of flow down terms and conditions to Suppliers
• Database management uploading documents, creating new records for contracts and services and calculating payments
• Liaison with the Export Control teams to ensure compliance with regulation
• Prior experience in the defence industry would be an advantage