Senior Commercial Officer
Term: Full time, permanent
Ultra Electronics Precision Control Systems is an operating business of Ultra Electronics. We are a leading developer of mission and safety critical equipment in the aerospace and defence industries. We support our military and civil aerospace customers by providing innovative electronic, electro-mechanical and pneumatic solutions for safety critical and high integrity applications. We also provide equipment for modern military land vehicles that improve their reliability and performance whilst reducing the burden on their operators and maintainers.
Ultra Electronics Precision Control Systems (PCS) has an opportunity for a Senior Commercial Officer to join the Commercial team reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager.
Actively support the winning and delivery of profitable business and provide advice, support and governance to the business at all levels by ensuring the company contracts with suppliers and customers on terms that protect the commercial interests of the business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support contract formalisation including Long Term Agreements – developing, issuing and negotiating contracts with customers and suppliers
- Support the preparation and timely submission of bids and proposals ensuring commercial integrity and compliance with all applicable Ultra group and PCS policies, processes and legislation with specific responsibility for responding and leading the commercial aspects
- Process requests for customer or supplier contract variations via the use of a change control process; create letters or formal documentation for contract termination, extension and remediation
- Support major sub-contracts and/or commercial aspects of proposals and contracts at internal bid reviews and contract launches, to all levels of seniority, ensuring that the contractual obligations are known, understood and are being addressed
- Assist with the identification of contractual risk, develop and implement effective mitigation strategies and actions and report the risk and progress with mitigation strategies internally
- Support the drafting, review and negotiation of agreements including, but not limited to NDAs/PIAs, MoUs, LTAs, Sub-contracts, Supplier Agreements and customer Agreements.
- Effective day-to-day management of LTAs, sub-contracts and customer contracts and agreements, including liaison and relationship management on contractual matters including claims.
- Database management uploading documents, creating new records for contracts and services and calculating VoP
- Liaison with the Export Control teams to ensure compliance with regulation
- Some overseas travel may be required
- Degree educated in a business or legal related subject is essential. Post-graduation certifications (such as CIPS or IACCM) desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience in the defence or a related technology industry
- International experience is desirable
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
Ultra Electronics gave me the opportunity to change the path of my career yet still be able to call upon my past years of experiences. It is great to be part of a company that is growing and prospering even while so many other companies are downsizing and failing.
I enjoy working here because of the people and the ability to come together as a team to accomplish our goals. It is an opportunity to give our troops only the best and to help them stay out of harm’s way. I also enjoy the challenge of staying on the cutting edge of technology…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.