Sales and Marketing Director
To help drive the future development and success of Ultra Electronics PMES, the business now wishes to appoint a Sales and Marketing Director. This will be a Senior Management Team appointment, reporting directly to the Managing Director for PMES.
The successful candidate will need to actively embrace our ways of working and help instill a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility. They will need to provide leadership to the Sales and Marketing team.
As part of the PMES senior management team, you will take the lead in identifying and pursuing business opportunities in relevant markets, working cross-functionally with colleagues and networking with customers to meet and exceed order intake targets. The role is required to have a global reach.
You will be a credible industry figure with experience of successful sales, marketing and business development in an international Aerospace, Defence and Security or Manufacturing market environment, securing, negotiating and managing government and commercial contracts of significant value across UK and export markets, creating commercially innovative, value-adding solutions, and selecting and working with external partners
- Develop and implement global and regional sales, marketing and teaming strategies and support the MD in the preparation of the 5-year Strategic Plan.
- Achieve the budgeted order intake on an annual basis by ensuring that the Sales and Marketing teams maintain the order pipeline and annual order forecast and employ robust opportunity management processes that create winning strategies for targeted opportunities.
- Manage the Company’s Opportunity Management Framework (OMF) processes and create capture plans for key strategic opportunities.
- Develop and maintain the CRM database and customer relationship matrices.
- Ensure a bids and proposals team is appropriately trained and resourced to provide competitive, compliant and compelling proposals to meet solicited or unsolicited customer requirements.
- Develop international marketing intelligence and up-to-date marketing materials that reflect market developments and company offerings, including but not limited to the web site, brochures, advertisements, trade show stands and product demonstration equipment.
- Coordinate and report all international sales and marketing data, communications and intelligence including an assessment of the Company’s competitor’s capabilities, products, competitiveness and intentions and to develop strategies to counter these.
- Understand the market requirements for Ultra’s offerings and accordingly lead the preparation of business cases to support Company investment in technology to deliver forecast returns and meet the objectives of the company’s 5-year Strategic Plan.
- At all times adhere to the Company’s policies, standards and procedures that fulfil and comply with the terms and conditions of your contract of employment.
- Achieve continuous self improvement through the attendance at training courses and industry conferences as necessary.
- Comply with all regulatory and customer approvals and ensure that the Marketing Department conforms to all applicable laws, guidelines, regulations and appropriate quality standards.
- Represent Ultra, the business and its employees in an ethical and professional manner at all times.
- Use of contemporary ERP and CRM systems and processes;
- Experience in international marketing;
- Excellent relationship, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Strategic marketing and selling. Preferred experience of Miller Heiman or Shipley methodologies;
- Excellence in leadership, innovation, business awareness, communication, judgment and drive;
- An ability to develop a strategic vision and customer relationships;
- Results oriented;
- Self-motivated, with a high degree of energy and ambition;
- Innovative and progressive thinker;
- Flexible and adaptive;
- Ability to listen and communicate confidently but sensitively at all levels (strong verbal and written skills);
- Outstanding organisational, collaborative, inspirational, influencing and motivational skills with the ability to work in a mentally stimulating but competitive environment;
- Capable of applying appropriate initiative with the ability to maintain the Company agenda;
- Both patient and tenacious with a strong negotiating style and a strategic understanding of how to bid and win multi-million pound contracts.
- Experience of negotiating and managing contracts, particularly defence contracting including MoD T&Cs and boarder experience in Defence and Security markets.
- Degree or equivalent in an appropriate subject, preferably business or engineering related discipline (minimum 2:1)
- Preferably with a further post-graduate business qualification, i.e. MBA
Any particular aptitude / skill required:
- Eligible to obtain UK security clearance to SC level
- Able to travel on Company business, including periods overseas.
- Driving license
Ultra Electronics is committed to Equal Opportunities and career development both within and across all businesses.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
Ultra Electronics gave me the opportunity to change the path of my career yet still be able to call upon my past years of experiences. It is great to be part of a company that is growing and prospering even while so many other companies are downsizing and failing.
I enjoy working here because of the people and the ability to come together as a team to accomplish our goals. It is an opportunity to give our troops only the best and to help them stay out of harm’s way. I also enjoy the challenge of staying on the cutting edge of technology…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.