Ultra Electronics – EWsT Limited – EW Simulation Technology Limited (EWST) is a UK Company specialising in the design and manufacture of Multi-Spectral Threat and Countermeasures Stimulators for Electronic Warfare (EW) test, evaluation and training.
Established in 1984, Ultra EWST’s long-standing success is due to innovative and highly effective products, coupled with a gold standard of ongoing customer support. EWST makes a long-term commitment to its customers; continually optimising their products to evolving requirements and dynamic warfare tactics.
EWsT is located on the secure Cody Technology Park (site of the former Royal Aircraft Establishment) close to the towns of Farnborough and Fleet. The site offers an excellent range of onsite amenities including conference facilities, informal meeting areas, a 200 seat restaurant, a café and a gym. Outside, there are jogging and cycle routes around the 195 acres of woodlands surrounding the Park
We have an exciting opportunity for an RF Design and Systems Engineer to join our EWST team based in Farnborough. In this role you will be responsible for modelling RF systems during bid phases and re-optimizing existing product lines based on analysis of current designs.
- Development of RF system models for current and proposed products.
- Support bid work by generating accurate RF simulation data to secure new business.
- Work with System engineering to distil customer requirements into RF sub systems.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Demonstrate experience of modelling complex RF systems (using MWO preferably).
- Previous hands-on RF design and debug experience.
- Familiarity with RF test and debug equipment and the ability to provide support during systems integration and test.
- Ability to clearly express design intent using Design Documents, block diagrams, flow diagrams and system level schematics.
- Experience in the design of electronic / RF systems incorporating FPGAs, Microcontrollers and standards based Bus systems.
- Knowledge/experience with some of the following software packages: MWO, ADS or Genesis. Microsoft Office, Visio, Doors, CAD packages Altium Designer, Cadence.
- Experience of RADAR, EW and ECM (desirable)
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet Security Clearance
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Farnborough office has free parking, an onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
Please be aware that many roles working for Ultra will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organization.
Ultra Electronics are an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.