We have an opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our Energy team based in Wimborne, Dorset.
In this role you will be responsible for the management, performance and reporting of all allocated projects and tasks, including customer relationships, quality, profitability, cash flow and adherence to program. The Project Manager leads a team consisting of business unit resources.
- Undertake tasks / programme manage projects as directed by the Head of Programmes
- Effective co-ordination of change control and claim management
- Take responsibility for the assigned project(s) from all aspects, leading the project team to deliver nominated projects within timescales and budgets.
- Organise, plan and progress, monitor and report on all aspects of the allocated project (technical, timescales, cost and risk)
- Manage the interface with the Customer and key suppliers
- Represent the Company at meetings (internal and external) and provide minutes and/or reports as required.
- Ensure that all communications from the project team, both verbal and written, are clear, unambiguous and correctly routed.
- Prepare and contribute to bids as required, including generating technical proposals and cost estimates within agreed (often-short) timescales.
- Achieving customer satisfaction through an understanding of their needs and drivers.
- Working with Business Development in the establishment and improvement of customer relationships and supporting new business
- Delivering project financial performance that matches or exceeds budget
- Identification and management of project risk and issues
- Identification for opportunities to expand business areas, through project scope increases
- Understanding and reporting project performance – this includes providing effective leadership and taking appropriate action where team performance deviates.
The Wimborne office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working within our core hours
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Project Management qualification such as Prince 2 or APM with Project management experience within a regulated industry
- Experienced in project management
- Technical experience within a regulated industry
- Good commercial awareness within bid management and contract review.
- Strong Risk management and sound project finance control within reporting periods. Will have experience of creating and maintaining project schedules from scratch. Good forecasting to achieve stated targets is essential.
- Ability to lead, direct and manage multi-functional project teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions
- Good oral and written communication
Applicants will be required to meet criteria for SC clearance.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.