Ultra Electronics Communication & Integrated Systems (Ultra CIS) is one of the larger UK based Ultra businesses. Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity. We provide encryption, network protection, automated payments, tactical and commercial communications and telemetry systems, covert and mobile surveillance systems and situational awareness technology to defence, public sector and commercial customers worldwide. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
Working with specialists from various engineering and operations disciplines, the candidate will deliver complex electronic development projects and bids on time, to budget whilst maintaining the required standards.
Planning and co-ordination of projects to meet project milestones, schedule and budget requirements.
- Updating and maintaining project schedules
- Meeting project office reporting requirements.
- Updating and maintaining risk, issue and opportunity logs
- Effectively communicating with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships
- Accurately forecasting project cost, cash and resource demands
- Establish and maintain project metrics to measure and report progress
- Effective communication with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships
- Project management qualifications preferred, such as APMP or Prince 2
- Possess drive, energy and enthusiasm to motivate
- Experience of managing schedules, costs, risks and opportunities.
- Highly competent in MS Office tools including MS Project
- Experience with collating and presenting financial data reports
- Highly organised and experienced at working to tight deadlines
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees. We offer:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Up to 4 x your annual salary in life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle (retail vouchers, GymFlex, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Good transport links (in walking distance to London Underground Central Line stations)
- Onsite, subsidised canteen
- Social groups including five-a-side football, squash and running
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…On graduating with a first-class honours degree in Electromechanical Engineering from University, I wanted to develop my career with a technology-led engineering business that I could see had a reputation in the market-place for developing its people.
From day one of joining Ultra Electronics I felt an important part of the business, with its people values embedded into its business processes. My personal development has been managed through an agreed plan, supported by excellent Group Management Training modules, personal mentoring and hands-on, real life experiences when I need it.
Having worked at Ultra for just over two years, I am now looking forward to progressing to the engineering function early next year where I will be making more use of my technical qualification together with the management skills I have gained to develop future products for the business…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.