We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Planner to join our Planning team based in Greenford.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- To produce daily production plans in accordance with MRP demand and in line with customer information whilst optimizing raw material and finished goods inventory, towards ensuring that customer requirements are met. Review overdue WIP with Cell Managers and update shop and Customer order planned ship date with any changes to the initial schedule. Areas to cover – NPI and repairs.
- Attend daily NPI meeting. Produce and distribute daily action and meeting notes.
- Attend weekly NPI meeting and present 3 month build plan.
- Attend monthly NPI meeting with relevant Program Managers.
- Produce NPI shortage reports for the Purchasing team.
- Manage the provisioning of repair material.
- Review MRP exception messages and action accordingly
- Action requests from shop floor for additional material.
- Set priorities for the Goods Inwards and Inspection team with regards to incoming material
- Set kitting priorities for stores.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in an MRP environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on own and within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Previous experience of/within planning and/or production.
- Previous experience in the Aerospace industry or similar.
- Continuous improvement experience, Lean, Six Sigma or similar/equivalent advantageous.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The [location] office has [amend as appropriate] free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…After completing 24 years of military service, I was keen to find employment with a progressive technology company.
Ultra Electronics is without doubt at the forefront of providing digital recording solutions and this is one of the main reasons that the work as a Project Engineer within the company is so demanding but also very rewarding.
I have enjoyed several overseas trips to oversee the installation and training of systems for which I have been responsible. The travel has also helped in further developing the relationships the company has with the customers, agents and suppliers across the world.
Colleagues within the company are always very supportive and there is always a good feeling of team spirit within all sections of Ultra…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.