Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of next generation communications and cryptographic equipment and HSMs, for the defence, public and commercial sectors. Our Keyper HSM, the only FIPS 140-3 level 4 HSM in the world, is used by ICANN to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. The Ultra Communicate technology provides an extensive range of connectivity options, and utilises any connection possible (bearer of choice), from WiFi to satellite, to maintain the end user’s connection. Ultra CIS have also developed, and continue to develop next generation, High Grade and Commercial cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets. Designed to be future proof, the latest software definable technology enables it to be upgraded anywhere, anytime. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, excellent working environment and development and growth opportunities for employees. Due to recent contract awards and growth of the business, the Communication Systems Business Unit of Ultra CIS are looking to expand their product development Systems Test capability, and actively recruiting for a Principal Systems Test Lead, who can demonstrate:
- Sets the standard for all systems test activities through knowledge of best practice and processes, strives towards building a centre of excellence.
- To lead the systems test team in planning, designing, documenting and performing the qualification test of CIS products.
- Develop manual and automated system level testing of products, throughout the development lifecycle, to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
- Create and maintain Systems Test artefacts, such as Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports, as required, throughout the product development lifecycle, to result in a positive project outcome.
- Carry out Systems Test activities in accordance with Systems Test artefacts, so that test, qualification and acceptance events are completed successfully.
- Input to project management process regarding estimates to complete; potential risks and opportunities; project issues; and reporting of progress / completion.
- Represent System Test in design reviews and customer meetings.
- Lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Work closely with project management and engineering project leads to create proposals that drive down project costs and increase margin.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Significant experience and a full understanding of Systems Test Engineering and Systems Test events.
- Significant experience of developing Systems Test artefacts and achieving a compliant systems design.
- Experience in writing high quality technical documentation and the formal technical review of such material.
- Experience of DOORS and automated test tools.
- Experience of EMC and TEMPEST qualification testing, and working with external test houses.
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject desirable.
- Willing and able to obtain and maintain SC security clearance.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees. We offer:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Up to 4 x your annual salary in life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle (retail vouchers, GymFlex, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Good transport links (in walking distance to London Underground Central Line stations)
- Onsite, subsidised canteen
- Social groups including five-a-side football, squash and running
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…On graduating with a first-class honours degree in Electromechanical Engineering from University, I wanted to develop my career with a technology-led engineering business that I could see had a reputation in the market-place for developing its people.
From day one of joining Ultra Electronics I felt an important part of the business, with its people values embedded into its business processes. My personal development has been managed through an agreed plan, supported by excellent Group Management Training modules, personal mentoring and hands-on, real life experiences when I need it.
Having worked at Ultra for just over two years, I am now looking forward to progressing to the engineering function early next year where I will be making more use of my technical qualification together with the management skills I have gained to develop future products for the business…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.