New Product Introduction (NPI) Technician
We’ve solved complex problems for over 100 years and we’re just getting started!
We have an exciting & newly created position sitting across our Operations department at our site in Cheltenham.
- To assemble first build &/or Low-Rate Initial Production (LRIP) batches of new & existing products
- To inform the Manufacturing Engineer & the Cell Support Engineer of issues as they arrive
- Review the manufacturing instruction to ensure the product has been productionised for repeatable build within agreed timescales
- To give input to the MEs & Cell Support Engineers as needed in the creation of the Manufacturing Instructions & Route cards / MCCs for new products
- To work with the Cell Support Engineer to ensure suitable tooling is identified for ease of assembly
- To be part of the team that train operators as needed
- To report to the Manufacturing Manager to ensure effective use of the resource
- To build products in accordance with the released documentation pack
- To inform the Cell Support Engineer of any issues with the buildability of the product & seek guidance prior to continuing assembly
- To inform the Cell Support Engineer of any issues with the document pack, tooling etc & seek guidance prior to continuing assembly
- Review your job progress on an annual basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. You will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and self-development
- Adhere at all times to Company Procedure
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
Background and Understanding:
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship in either a Mechanical or Electronics discipline.
- Achieved a formal engineering qualification (NVQ/C&G/ONC)
- To work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years
- IPC certified
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methods, in particular ‘Lean’ and use this understanding to question and where necessary challenge constructively any operation or instruction believed not to be the most effective option for the Company or its customers
- 3 years’ experience within an aerospace / defence environment
- Already have, or be willing to undergo BPSS security checks
- Perfect colour vision – actual importance dependent upon specific role
- Previous experience in an Aerospace or defence manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of concession processes, MRB processes and ECR processes
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities.
The Cheltenham office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- Flexible working within core working hours
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days plus bank holidays.
- 4 times your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (benefits such as, new car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, health screening and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Supportive and friendly working environment with regular team events
Applicants will be required to meet the minimum requirements of BPSS Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
What We Do:
Ultra Precision Control Systems is an operating business of Ultra, a leading developer of mission and safety critical equipment in the aerospace and defence industries. Clients call upon specialist electronic, mechanical and pneumatic capabilities to provide innovative solutions that meet the environmental and operational requirements of high reliability environments.
With innovative engineers, skilled project managers and experienced manufacturing personnel to be found at the heart of the organisation, Ultra is able to continue to produce and develop products that push the limits of technology and respond to the ever changing demands of the industry.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible