About Ultra Group
Ultra is transforming. Our mission is to innovate today for a safer tomorrow. We are investigators, problem solvers, brilliant thinkers, relentless explorers. We are Ultra.
We provide innovative, mission-specific, bespoke technological solutions to our customers’ most complex problems. We provide systems for the maritime, C4ISTAR-EW (command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, acquisition and reconnaissance – electronic warfare), military and commercial aerospace, nuclear, and industrial sensors markets.
With 4,000 employees, we span the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange
About Ultra CIS
Our engineers work on the most difficult cybersecurity challenges in order to protect our national security and critical infrastructure; we strive to protect what matters. It’s why we come to work. It’s what we are good at. We pride ourselves on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities.
Manage the two Greenford and one Gloucester Communication Systems Business Unit engineering labs in a safe, organised and efficient manner.
- Ensures the engineering labs, users and practices are compliant with the applicable regulatory requirements (ESD, Health & Safety, low-voltage sections of The Electricity At Work Regulations) in order to provide a safe working environment.
- Enforces the engineering lab rules so that equipment and products are treated in accordance with best practice.
- Implements the required Crypto handling rules and legislation (as per JSP490 and JSP491), and ensures that all users of the labs handle Crypto as instructed.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of GFX equipment, and their return to customer post project completion.
- Assigns equipment to projects, keeps a record and ensures that this is returned in working order at the end of the project.
- Previous experience of managing an electronic engineering lab preferred.
- Knowledge of ESD and Health & Safety best practices and regulatory requirements preferred.
- Experience of looking after a shared resource and ensuring resource users follow the required process and procedures.
- Experience of government crypto handling rules and legislation and associated processes and procedures.
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, DV security clearance.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.