Ultra Electronics Communication & Integrated Systems (Ultra CIS) is one of the larger UK based Ultra businesses and is operationally run as four business units: Communication Systems, Gigasat, EWST and Surveillance & Security Systems. Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity. We provide encryption, network protection, automated payments, tactical and commercial communications and telemetry systems, covert and mobile surveillance systems and situational awareness technology to defence, public sector and commercial customers worldwide. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
We have an exciting opportunity for a IT Service Delivery Manager to join our IT team based in Greenford.
In this role you will take ownership of the IT Help Desk servicing up to 400 users across multiple sites. The IT Service Delivery manager has 6 direct reports which may grow in the future.
- To manage and continuously improve the Ultra CIS IT Help Desk in line with CIS business development and ongoing needs. This includes the allocation and prioritisation of the helpdesk tickets.
- To create and periodically review Service Level Agreements with the CIS and Head Office to continuously provide a high level of service at agreed levels.
- To define and monitor customer impact to maintain high availability of Ultra IT Services within defined SLA’s.
- To create and implement Key Performance Indicators for the service desk (where relevant) and report to CIS senior leadership team on a weekly basis in an agreed format.
- Provide strategic and operational guidance and support to the CIS business to ensure continued certification to ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus.
- Liaise with and review 3rd party support companies to maintain an agreed high level of external support, including managing licences & maintenance costs within defined budgets.
- Provide technical expertise and support to project, support and infrastructure issues that have passed through 1st / 2nd / 3rd line.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Significant management / expertise in internal customer facing service environment.
- Strong technical knowledge & experience in 1st / 2nd / 3rd line IT support.
- Extensive experience working with and complying to the ISO27001 standard
- Proven management skills with the ability to enhance team performance and development
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
Please be aware that many roles working for Ultra will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organization.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Greenford office has an onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Ultra Electronics are an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.