We have an opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT team based in Wimborne, Dorset.
In this role you will be responsible for providing technical support for IT infrastructure, Servers, Virtualization, LAN & WAN networks.
You will work collaboratively with the wider IT team (Development, InfoSec, BI and Service Desk) to support existing services and deliver new.
- To ensure that the Infrastructure Manager and Head of IT are kept informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and/or issues in a timely manner
- Responsibility for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems
- To be proactive in suggesting and proposing new technologies to support the businesses.
- Identify ongoing improvements to existing business systems.
- Project experience – managed or played a major role in large projects
- Administration of key IT services
- Work collaboratively with team members and support functions to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Proactively monitor IT services
- Take ownership, investigate and resolve escalated tickets
- Adhere to IT change control process
- Any other duties as and when required
The Wimborne office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Microsoft Active Directory Services and associated technologies – GPOs/PowerShell/DNS/DHCP
- Firewall, VPN, WAN, LAN configuration including Viptela SD-WAN.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- ITIL experience.
- Experience in 3rd line support.
- Virtualisation Technologies
- Automated Windows Server patching
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016
- MS Exchange 2010 / 2013 management and migration
- Experience of all aspects of an Office 365 migration from on-premises Exchange
- Exchange Online, SharePoint, Skype, Identity management, Azure AD Connect, SSO, MFA, OneDrive, Teams
- Office 365 Administration and Troubleshooting experience in a hybrid environment
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet SC security Clearance.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Ultra Electronics are an equal opportunities employer.