HR Advisor FTC – 12 months
Ultra is a specialist electrical and electronics engineering Company. We operate mainly, but not solely, in defence and other highly-regulated markets and are focused on providing mission-specific, bespoke solutions and capability. At PMES, we provide power conversion, power control, and high integrity sensor solutions to a range of international customers in the defence, transport, and energy industries.
We have an exciting opportunity for a new HR Advisor to join our HR Team. Reporting into the HR Manager, this is a true generalist role with responsibility for activities across all HR disciplines including Recruitment, Employee Engagement, Development and ER casework. As well as operational HR work, you will have the opportunity to support pro-active HR project work in support of the developing Group HR Strategy. You will also have the opportunity to support in house line manager HR tool kit sessions.
You will work within a small team which includes another HR Advisor and HR Coordinator at PMES whilst also being part of the wider Ultra Electronics HR Function.
The HR Team at PMES supports approximately 200 employees on site. Travel may on occasion be required to other Ultra sites.
We are looking for an experienced HR Advisor who can coach and support line managers and colleagues, dealing with a variety of HR related queries on a daily basis and able to multi task and prioritise effectively. You will be a natural and engaging communicator and comfortable at building strong partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders. You will need to be confident working people at all levels and be able to adapt your style when required.
You should be qualified or part CIPD qualified with a desire to progress and take on responsibility. You will possess a sound knowledge of employment law and be able to apply this appropriately. You will ideally have gained your experience working in either the construction, manufacturing or engineering sector.
In order to be successful, you will have an informal yet professional style and enjoy working in a fast paced, high pressure environment. We are looking for a passionate and committed HR professional that can help drive the people strategy forward and add value to the business.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, get in touch today to find out more!
Security Clearance will be required with a full UK driving licence.
As HR Advisor you will:
- Coach Managers to enable them to make informed decisions with regards to all employee matters.
- Provide support to the HR team, ensuring they are kept up to date with all matters of importance.
- Update existing as we as preparing new HR policies, procedures and template documentation ensuring quality, continual compliance with legislation and effective communication as appropriate of any changes to users, as required.
- Managing case work.
- Maintain a current awareness of employment legislation.
- Support absence management.
- Support production of management information and statistics as required.
- Deliver workshops to Managers on key HR issues, e.g. disciplinary and grievance.
- Support Managers at formal meetings as required.
- Undertake audit of files in line with data privacy legislation.
- Work closely with the team in supporting recruitment activity.
- Support Group HR project work as required.
- Provide cover in the department for other members of the HR team during absence.
We are looking for a HR Advisor who has
- Part/full CIPD qualification
- Previous experience of working as a HR Advisor, in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Work to strict deadlines.
- Understand employment law and employment compliance requirements.
- Previous experience of writing policies and procedures.
- Have experience of working with multiple HR systems.
- Able to build relationships at all levels.
- Good team working skills with previous experience of working within a team environment.
- Able to be an effective organiser, able to initiate, provide solutions, prioritise and organize workload without regular supervision.
- Able to follow process and instructions whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent communicator with all levels of staff and management, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with people sympathetically.
Ultra Electronics is committed to equal opportunities and career development both within and across all businesses.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…The culture at Ultra Electronics is very friendly and people are always willing to help each other. I really enjoy working here and am continually learning and developing my skills.
Senior management is very approachable and has an open door policy which helps effective communication. I feel that my contribution to the success of the business really is appreciated and this motivates me to keep improving…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.