Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of next generation communications and cryptographic equipment and HSMs, for the defence, public and commercial sectors. Our Keyper HSM, the only FIPS 140-3 level 4 HSM in the world, is used by ICANN to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. The Ultra Communicate technology provides an extensive range of connectivity options, and utilises any connection possible (bearer of choice), from WiFi to satellite, to maintain the end user’s connection. Ultra CIS have also developed, and continue to develop next generation, High Grade and Commercial cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets. Designed to be future proof, the latest software definable technology enables it to be upgraded anywhere, anytime.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hardware Engineer (contract) to join our team based in Greenford.
In this role you will be responsible for research, design and development of digital and analogue electronics within the hardware engineering team.
- Specify, design and prove/verify digital and analogue electronic hardware in order to deliver high quality electronic hardware that meets the requirements in a timely manner and within budget.
- Perform design calculations and carry out simulations using industry standard tools, and prototype as required, in order to estimate performance, identify high-risk areas and ensure high quality designs that require minimal re-design.
- Develop and test/verify electronic hardware according to the hardware development process.
- Estimate time and effort required for electronic hardware activities and deliver to these time and effort estimates to ensure cost and schedule adherence.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture and design are selected.
- Work with production test to ensure designs are suitable for volume production. Also support production to assist them with the rapid debugging and resolution of electronic hardware issues encountered in order to minimise production delays.
Skills and Qualifications Required
Degree in an Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
Extensive experience of one or more of the following;
– Experience of high-speed digital designs that include processors and programmable devices
– Experience of analogue circuit design and switched-mode power supply design
– Able to design reliable power supplies that meet requirements and analyse against all input and output conditions across temperature, and estimate performance accurately.
Competent with schematic capture tools and understands how to constrain layout using rules/classes/groups.
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet Security Clearance
Please be aware that many roles working for Ultra will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organization.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Ultra Electronics are an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.