Graduate Engineer – Ultra PCS – Cambridge
At Ultra, we specialise in providing application-engineered bespoke solutions for our customers’ mission critical situations in the defence, security, critical detection & control markets. Our capabilities and technologies can be found on many of the world’s long-term military programmes. We currently employ over 4,500 employees across the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Electronics or Software Engineering Degree
As an Engineer on our rotational Graduate Scheme, you will work on real-time projects & be responsible for ensuring both project & statutory requitrements are met, along with improving the effectiveness of the design function within the company.
- To support engineering manager as required, to support bids and projects
- To resolve technical problems associated with assigned products
- To provide improvement suggestions for the processes and procedures you operate
- To carry out engineering design and development activity in accordance with engineering procedures
- Help build and maintain excellent internal and external customer relationships
- Prepare reports for internal and external use
- Prepare presentations as required
- Be prepared to travel to support current and future products on customers sites around the world
- There may be additional activities to perform from time-to-time in order to maximise the contribution to Ultra’s goals and objectives
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
The successful applicants will have a good understanding of the fundamentals of electronic engineering (e.g. analogue, digital, microprocessors and power electronics) or software engineering (e.g. real-time software design, coding and software testing).
In the course of the graduate rotation, the Graduate Engineer will be able to demonstrate;
- Familiarity with appropriate standards within the area
- An ability to work effectively with others
- The ability to communicate accurately on technical issues and schemes with internal stakeholders
- Competent usage of relevant CAD tools
- Solid understanding of the design process
- Familiarity with the Ultra PCS product range
- Familiarity with configuration & part control
Desirable Skills Include:
Exposure and experience with some of the following:
Be familiar with safety and certification requirements for aerospace
Be familiar with DO160 and other environmental specifications
Be familiar with DO254 hardware design standard
Be familiar with DO178B/C software design standard
Be familiar with ARP4754A system design standard.
Be familiar with ARP4761 safety analysis standard
Be familiar with EASA Part 21J regulation
Be familiar with the manufacturing techniques used for aerospace for electronic products
Be familiar with PCB design
Be familiar with DOORS requirements management
Be familiar with the engineering estimating planning and risk management processes.