Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity. Ultra CIS develops secure communications devices and cryptographic equipment protecting such things as the worldwide internet, credit card transactions, military platforms and personnel. Our Hardware Security Module, is used to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other commercial organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. Ultra CIS have also developed, and continue to develop next generation cryptographic products for the UK MOD and export markets involving leading edge hardware, firmware and software. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment (at our Gloucester and Farnborough sites or our recently refurbished Greenford office which is easily accessible from London via the Central Line) and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain. Due to recent contract awards and growth of the business, the Communication Systems Business Unit of Ultra CIS are looking to expand their product development capability, and are actively recruiting for Graduate Engineers of all levels of experience, who can demonstrate the potential to do the following:
- Work closely with an experienced development team throughout the development lifecycle, to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
- Develop the ability to create and maintain systems engineering artefacts, such as requirements, design documentation, as required, throughout the product development lifecycle, to result in a positive project outcome.
- Acquire skills in multi-discipline engineering including software development (C, C++ and Python), FPGA development (VHDL) and electronic engineering.
- Obtain skills in verification test, to ensure that qualification and acceptance events are completed successfully.
- Input to project management process regarding estimates to complete; potential risks and opportunities; project issues; and reporting of progress / completion
- Provide support to design reviews and customer meetings.
- To be innovative in supporting the project objectives to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- To support customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project goals.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Self-motivated, enjoy technical challenges and delivering results
- Flexible and adaptable and can cope when thrown in at the deep end
- Can communicate well, both verbally and in writing
- Able to collaborate with team members and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Recognises the importance of planning, prioritisation and getting work done on schedule
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject desirable.
- Willing and able to obtain and maintain SC and/or DV security clearance.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
… After graduation, my job search focused on finding work and I focused on the defense sector. While looking at Ultra, it was clear they were a company I wanted to learn more about to discover where I might fit in.
In my first impressions, it was the people who convinced me to join. Everyone seemed to feel they were part of a team, working together to produce successful products.
My co-workers are glad to teach what they know and explain their work, as Ultra has a great atmosphere for learning informally. The technical knowledge I’m applying, along with the communication and teamwork here, allow people to express their knowledge and use it towards successful projects.
Working at Ultra is helping me develop the skills which will lead me to possess the technical aptitude and leadership abilities to function as a project lead or enter into a managerial role…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.