Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity. Ultra CIS develops secure communications devices and cryptographic equipment protecting such things as the worldwide internet, credit card transactions, military platforms and personnel. Our Hardware Security Module, is used to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other commercial organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. Ultra CIS have also developed, and continue to develop next generation cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets involving leading edge hardware, firmware and software. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
Could work out of our Gloucester or Greenford office
FPGA design and implementation of complex functions and algorithms for use in secure communication products within the Ultra Communications and Integrated Systems business.
- Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
- Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
- Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
- Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
- Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
- Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
- Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…One of the main reasons that I joined Ultra Electronics five years ago was that I saw a company with the motivation to grow by recognising that the employees are at the heart of the company…
Over the past five years Ultra has proven that my initial motivations were well founded by supporting my career progression by providing structured training plans, reviews, training courses, personal coaching and on-the-job training.
All of this is strengthened by an open and supportive environment in which all employees are respectfully and fairly treated…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.