Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of next generation communications and cryptographic equipment and HSMs, for the defence, public and commercial sectors. Our Keyper HSM, the only FIPS 140-3 level 4 HSM in the world, is used by ICANN to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. The Ultra Communicate technology provides an extensive range of connectivity options, and utilises any connection possible (bearer of choice), from WiFi to satellite, to maintain the end user’s connection. Ultra CIS have also developed, and continue to develop next generation, High Grade and Commercial cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets. Designed to be future proof, the latest software definable technology enables it to be upgraded anywhere, anytime. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, excellent working environment and development and growth opportunities for employees.
Gloucester or Greenford
FPGA design and implementation of complex functions and algorithms for use in secure communication products within the Ultra Communications and Integrated Systems business.
- Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
- Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
- Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
- Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
- Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
- Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
- Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees. We offer:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Up to 4 x your annual salary in life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle (retail vouchers, GymFlex, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Good transport links (in walking distance to London Underground Central Line stations)
- Onsite, subsidised canteen
- Social groups including five-a-side football, squash and running
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…I initially wanted to join the company because I liked the location. When I walked in the door I was greeted pleasantly. I had a good experience with Human Resources and I really like my supervisor. After I received an explanation of what the company does I felt it would be a really interesting business…
There are so many things I enjoy – the people, management, everybody is nice and helps other people. It is a great atmosphere. The workplace is also very clean. I really enjoy my work and it is rewarding to me that my job is important. I’m doing work for the army and I must do it right! It is special that they use what I make. I’m growing because everyday I learn something new. Anybody who wouldn’t want to work here is foolish. We have fun and that makes it good for everyone…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.