We are investigators, problem solvers, brilliant thinkers, relentless explorers, we are Ultra!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join our Cyber team based in Greenford.
The Finance Business Partner will support the Project Managers and wider Digital Defence team in the delivery of the overall Digital Defence contracts which covers a number of legacy projects, products and services. This role will also include the finalisation of the bid process for the new Digital Defence contract and the delivery of this contract in execution mode. The Finance Business Partner will ensure robust EAC’s, maintenance of sound project controls; timely and insightful analysis and will contribute to overall forecasts, budgets and strategic plans.
- Support PMs to develop robust EACs and project margins with a core focus on our Digital Defence group of projects.
- Ensure effective processes are in place to accurately determine schedule progress, scope, costs and management of risks in order to maximise the financial performance of the projects.
- Partner with PMs to create monthly Project Reporting Dashboards with a core focus on our Digital Defence group of projects.
- Take accountability for financial reporting and metrics as required by the Managing Director and the Finance
- Director. Ensure information is accurate, timely, complete and appropriate for purpose.
- Contribute to the preparation, presentation and delivery of annual budget and strategic planning process.
- Present operational metrics to monitor and explain progress with a specific focus on our Digital Defence group of projects. Implement a programme of timely corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure the maintenance of robust financial records and systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles that are also compliant with local and governmental reporting requirements, more specifically SSRO/QDC contracts.
- Support preparation of rates calculations.
- Support Programmes team in customer reporting requirements.
- Ensure that provisioning is appropriate for the level of risk.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, a robust controls environment and that approval processes and delegated authorities are adhered to.
- Ensure audit issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Be a promoter of change during the business transformation phase by challenging the status quo.
- Evaluate business processes, recommend and implement improvements.
- Proactively challenge the assumptions inherent in financial data presented in order to make an appropriate judgement as to its validity and value.
- Support month end close process
- Play a leading role in mentoring, co-ordination, guiding and motivating other members of the finance team – including deputisation for FC.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Long Term Contract Accounting and the regulations around IFRS15
- Experienced in the defence contracting industry and government contracting regulations.
- Knowledge of SSRO regulations and reporting of QDC contracts would be desirable.
- Technically competent with impact awareness of specialist areas including internal controls and governance, audit, ethics and risk management.
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis.
- IT literate – Microsoft, finance and management accounting systems, ERP systems. Experience if IFS would be advantageous.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage varying workload.
- Ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities.
The Greenford office has an onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- Flexible working within core working hours
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days plus bank holidays.
- 4 times your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (benefits such as, new car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, health screening and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
- Supportive and friendly working environment with regular team events
What we do
The Ultra Electronics Group manages a wide range of Specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products in the Defence & Aerospace, Security & Cyber, Transport & Energy Markets. We meet customer needs by applying electronic and software technologies in demanding environments and meeting critical requirements.
Applicants must meet the requirements for SC Security Clearance as a minimum.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.