Ultra Electronics Communication & Integrated Systems (Ultra CIS) is one of the larger UK based Ultra businesses and is operationally run as four business units: Communication Systems, EWST, Gigasat and Surveillance & Security Systems. Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity. We provide encryption, network protection, automated payments, tactical and commercial communications and telemetry systems, covert and mobile surveillance systems and situational awareness technology to defence, public sector and commercial customers worldwide. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
The Finance Business Partner – CIS will provide leadership in all aspects of finance. The Finance Business Partner will ensure the maintenance of adequate financial controls; producing timely and insightful information; and contributing to and managing the process and adherence to forecasts, budgets and strategic plans.
- Ensure effective processes are in place to accurately cost products and services and manage gross margin maximisation. Oversee the preparation of cost estimates for bids and proposals, ensure commercial terms meet with financial goals and that risks have been fully assessed and mitigated for CS.
- Support in the preparation, presentation and delivery of annual budget and strategic planning process. Ensuring cooperation and alignment with department heads. Present operational metrics to monitor and explain progress. Implement a programme of timely corrective actions where necessary.
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics as required by the Managing Director and the Finance Director. Ensure information is accurate, timely, complete and appropriate for purpose.
- Ensure that finance team maintain financial records and systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and are compliant with local and governmental reporting requirements and that provisioning is appropriate for the level of risk.
- Provide leadership to the Finance team by providing clear goals and objectives aligned with the Business plan. Guide larger multi-disciplinary teams outside of direct span of control.
- Engage other members of the Management Team to facilitate cross-department collaboration that ensures that all financial and IT solutions positively support the business’s strategic plan execution, operational delivery, and data collection needs.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Technically and managerial competent with impact awareness of specialist areas including foreign exchange management, controls and governance, audit, ethics and risk management. Full understanding of IAS.
- Experienced in the defence contracting industry and government contracting regulations.
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis.
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Greenford office has an onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
Please be aware that many roles working for Ultra will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organization.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…I initially wanted to join the company because I liked the location. When I walked in the door I was greeted pleasantly. I had a good experience with Human Resources and I really like my supervisor. After I received an explanation of what the company does I felt it would be a really interesting business…
There are so many things I enjoy – the people, management, everybody is nice and helps other people. It is a great atmosphere. The workplace is also very clean. I really enjoy my work and it is rewarding to me that my job is important. I’m doing work for the army and I must do it right! It is special that they use what I make. I’m growing because everyday I learn something new. Anybody who wouldn’t want to work here is foolish. We have fun and that makes it good for everyone…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.