Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity. Ultra CIS develops secure communications devices and cryptographic equipment protecting such things as the worldwide internet, credit card transactions, military platforms and personnel. Our Hardware Security Module, is used to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other commercial organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. Ultra CIS have also developed, and continue to develop next generation cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets involving leading edge hardware, firmware and software. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment (at either our Gloucester site or our recently refurbished Greenford office which is easily accessible from London via the Central Line) and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Engineer to join our engineering team based in Greenford.
- Liaise with design engineering teams to agree and define test strategies and procedures.
- Support in the design of test set-ups, jigs and fixtures.
- Follow test procedures in the execution of required tests (MIL-STD, DEF STAN, RTCA etc.).
- Set-up and competent operation of environmental test equipment (Vibration Shakers, Ovens and Climatic Chambers etc.).
- Work within environmental test team in the preparation and execution of test regimes, strategies, schedules etc.
- Support in the maintenance and control of the environmental test laboratory.
- Write technical acceptable test procedures, plans and reports for internal and external customers in line with company specifications.
- Operate PC based test equipment in laboratories in association with testing activities.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet Security Clearance
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Farnborough office has free parking, an onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
Skills and Qualifications Required
- HNC Qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering-based discipline (or equivalent on-the-job experience)
- Basic knowledge of environmental test equipment
- Basic understanding of environmental test processes and procedures
Suitable for someone who
- This role will suit someone who wants to learn and develop into an experienced test engineer and into the management of environmental testing.
- The role will demand enthusiasm, willingness and motivation to succeed.
- The successful candidate will be provided with on-the-job job mentoring and training in all aspects of environmental engineering.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Ultra Electronics are an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.