Graduate Engineer – starting September 2020
Business: Ultra Electronics Precision Control Systems
Ultra Electronics Precision Control Systems is a leading developer of mission and safety critical equipment in the aerospace and defence industries. We support our military and civil aerospace customers by providing innovative electronic, electro-mechanical and pneumatic solutions that meet operational, reliability and environmental needs for safety critical and high integrity applications. We also provide equipment for modern military land vehicles that improve their reliability and performance whilst reducing the burden on their operators and maintainers.
Innovative engineers, skilled project managers and experienced manufacturing personnel are critical to the ongoing success of the business, both in developing innovative design solutions and responding to the ever changing demands of Industry. As part of our ongoing search for, and development of, motivated and enthusiastic team members, we offer a structured graduate development programme, which can be tailored to meet the needs of both the business and the individual whilst offering a route to Professional Registration, Chartered Engineer status and a challenging career in an exciting industry.
As a Graduate Engineer, you will join a growing team in our modern Cheltenham offices, and with the support of highly qualified and experienced engineers from all disciplines be engaged in a series of programmes and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Liaise with wider Engineering team to understand the software, electronic and mechanical features of a given system.
• Support development of System requirements
• Understand and suggest changes to System Architectures
• Develop novel techniques to verify that a given System behaviour has been implemented
• Perform System Testing utilising ‘Off the Shelf’ and bespoke Test Equipment.
• Participate in product life cycle reviews
• Internal Customer communication and reporting.
• Degree in a relevant engineering discipline, ideally covering one or more of the following areas: Aerospace Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
• Predicted grade of 2:1 or above.
• Enthusiasm and a willingness to develop during the scheme
• Demonstrate a willingness to change focus and priorities with the needs of the business
What you can expect from us…..
• Challenging and interesting work
• Clear guidance and feedback
• Development in the form of Technical, Commercial and Interpersonal skills
• A good understanding of each business and their full operation
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
…One of the main reasons that I joined Ultra Electronics five years ago was that I saw a company with the motivation to grow by recognising that the employees are at the heart of the company…
Over the past five years Ultra has proven that my initial motivations were well founded by supporting my career progression by providing structured training plans, reviews, training courses, personal coaching and on-the-job training.
All of this is strengthened by an open and supportive environment in which all employees are respectfully and fairly treated…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.