Ultra Electronics PMES currently has a vacancy for an Electronics Engineer. This role involves working as part of a small team with specific focus on PCB manufacture. Ultra Electronics PMES specialise in the design, manufacture and supply of novel power dense, high integrity electronics.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Electronics Capability to produce bespoke Printed Circuit Boards in support of the manufacture of a wide variety of equipment.
- Design and development of electronic circuits
- Analysis of electronic circuits
- Generation of requirements for electronic systems
- Schematic and design Capture
- PCB layout advice and review
- Component selection, advice and review
- Undertake reasonable tasks as directed by the engineering and project functions
- Undertake engineering Tasks as required by the project and the business in support of projects and programs
- Undertake appraisals of engineers as delegated by the Head of engineering through the engineering hierarchy
- Undertake internal and external meetings as required by the business
- Interface to the customer on technical and project issues
- Document appropriately the work and activities undertaken in line with local operating procedures
- Undertake Business roles as delegated through the engineering hierarchy
- Ability to work in a team
- Rapid learner, flexible and adaptable engineer willing to undertake varied tasks related to the support of the electronics and surrounding system
- An understanding of processes and techniques applicable to electronics manufacturing
- Understanding of basic analogue design
- Understanding of basic digital design
- An understanding of schematic capture and drawing review
- Circuit simulation
- Wiring definition experience
- An understanding of PCB Layout supervision
- Broad knowledge of other areas of engineering (e.g. systems, mechanical, motors, etc)
- Design for EMC
- Environmental qualification
Applications should be forwarded to Human Resources at:
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
… After graduation, my job search focused on finding work and I focused on the defense sector. While looking at Ultra, it was clear they were a company I wanted to learn more about to discover where I might fit in.
In my first impressions, it was the people who convinced me to join. Everyone seemed to feel they were part of a team, working together to produce successful products.
My co-workers are glad to teach what they know and explain their work, as Ultra has a great atmosphere for learning informally. The technical knowledge I’m applying, along with the communication and teamwork here, allow people to express their knowledge and use it towards successful projects.
Working at Ultra is helping me develop the skills which will lead me to possess the technical aptitude and leadership abilities to function as a project lead or enter into a managerial role…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.