Your experience can make a difference at Ultra!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Transformation & Analysis.
In this role you will lead and drive the transformation agenda across the Sonar Systems OBU – to manage and support local projects and sprints, create a dynamic culture of continuous improvement and represent the OBU on the Maritime SBU transformation community.
As a Director of Transformation & Analysis, you role will be to manage and drive Transformation activities across the OBU:
- Manage and drive the transformation agenda to deliver transformation priorities and targets
- Responsible for delivery of projects and sprints, from idea generation through to benefits realisation
- Accountable for transformation governance to ensure oversight of activities, process adherence and delivery to time, cost and quality
- Create a culture of continuous improvement across the through a programme of targeted activities
- Enable the OBU to achieve the targets in the Maritime SBU balanced scorecard through focused activities
- Orchestrate transformation activities to ensure capacity to deliver change from SBU, OBU and Group levels
- Represent the OBU at the SBU Transformation Leads community to share best practice and collaboratively define and deliver the Transformation strategy
- Coach employees on the delivery of sprints (with support from group lean experts)
- Work with Change Champions to support the people engagement
- Manage the CSS site move from Greenford to Weymouth, ensuring that the benefits identified in the L3 Gate review are achieved and delivered on time
- Manage large capital projects across the OBU in UK, Canada and Australia, preparing the business cases required for the various Gate reviews under the Ultra Group governance
- Manage the overall Strategic Business Planning process for the OBU, seeking the required inputs from the key stakeholders (Business Development, Operations and Finance etc.)
- Manage the Business Continuity Plan for each site, ensuring that the document is always up to date and satisfies the requirements of ISO27001, where required
- Perform an annual benchmarking of each business function against best-in-class organisations
- Working collaboratively with the functional leadership to identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of each function year-on-year
- Provide input and support for M&A activity, as directed
- Continually advance the business ERP system (IFS), identify convergence of the 3 instances across UK, Canada and Australia.
- Develop an ERP improvement roadmap, KPIs and financial benefits
- Recommend, advise and guide the Senior Leadership Team on the transformation agenda/priorities
- Execute and deliver the agreed transformation priorities, engaging the appropriate resources
- Any other duties as and when required.
- Degree in business or engineering, MBA considered an asset
- Qualifications in lean, six sigma, change / project management desirable
- Decision-making skills are key to weighing the costs and benefits of various options and determining the best course of action to achieve company goals.
- Problem-solving skills are crucial to analyzing past and current performance and recommending. objectives to improve productivity and profitability
Empowering you to reach your full potential
We trust and empower each other, we love to celebrate success and we win as a team. Together, we embrace change and we’re never satisfied until we’ve done what we said we’d do
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Please note, once you have completed your application this will be reviewed by our Talent Acquisition team. On occasions we may close roles earlier than the advertised closing date based on the quality of applications received. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as you are ready to. We look forward to hearing from you shortly.