Ultra Electronics Communication & Integrated Systems (Ultra CIS) is one of the larger UK based Ultra businesses and is operationally run as four business units: Communication Systems, Gigasat, EWST and Surveillance & Security Systems. Ultra CIS is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity. We provide encryption, network protection, automated payments, tactical and commercial communications and telemetry systems, covert and mobile surveillance systems and situational awareness technology to defence, public sector and commercial customers worldwide. Ultra CIS prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Quality Officer to join our Compliance team based in Greenford.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the information assets of Ultra’s specialist projects to ensure that all engineering, development and manufacturing activity complies with applicable controls, regulations and project-specific conditions for information management. The primary purpose of the role is to develop, implement and manage the flow of information.
- Coordination of fortnightly review meetings with the security regulator and customers to ensure all actions are accurately recorded and monitored to completion.
- Maintaining an information asset register for material shared with or received from the regulator, and managing its transfer via secure mechanisms and its appropriate dissemination within Ultra.
- Developing and maintaining a register of project-specific approved suppliers, including the flow down of security conditions and their validity periods.
- Engagement with the engineering department, developing and maintaining a register of parts to ensure that the procurement team are able to work efficiently to procure them within the security constraints.
- Providing a support function, enabling identification of security and process issues blocking the manufacture and supply of parts.
- To develop processes, procedures and tools to improve efficiency and reduce overhead across engineering and supply.
- Conducting supplier security audits as part of the Ultra Security control team.
- To act as a deputy for the Ultra CIS Crypto Custodian during periods of absence, to maintain, validate and update records of all cryptographic material in the company’s possession.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) essential.
- A demonstrated ability to act with confidence in both a customer and supplier facing role.
- Excellent attention to detail, with demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining a large data set.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing and able to obtain and maintain security clearance to DV level.
Please be aware that many roles working for Ultra will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organization.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Greenford office has an onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Ultra Electronics are an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.