A vacancy has arisen at Ultra Electronics PMES for a Contracts Manager. Reporting to the Commercial Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for taking a lead on all commercial aspects of major tenders, preparing quotations, preparation and negotiation of contracts and contractual agreements across all the Business Units, Commercial management of contracts from receipt of enquiry until receipt of payment from the customer. This role will require working closely with the Commercial Manager on a day to day basis and deputising for the Commercial Manager as required.
- Evaluating and preparing responses to customer’s enquiries and Invitations to Tender
- Negotiating prime contracts with UK/overseas commercial customers and with UK Ministry of
- Defence (MoD)
- Advising and assisting Purchasing Department on the flow-down of contract conditions to sub-contractors
- Advising Programme Managers on all contractual aspects and assisting to deliver programmes in a cost effective manner
- Drafting contract documentation and agreements of a contractual nature (joint venture,
- partnership, confidentiality, consultancy, software licenses, etc.)
- Liaison with customers at all levels
- Representing the Commercial Department across the business and to the Senior Management within Ultra
- Mentoring and developing other members of the department
- Assisting the Commercial Manager with high level duties and representing the department
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
- Proven track record of relevant experience at the same or a similar level within a Commercial / Contracts Department.
- Significant experience in terms and conditions negotiation and the commercial management of supply contracts for both UK and overseas customers.
- Familiar with industrial / commercial conditions of contract and procedures
- Recent experience of working with MoD contract conditions and MoD procedures including ITAR
- Knowledge of import and export controls and procedures
- Experience in Export Licensing procedures
- Familiar with documentary credits and bank guarantees
- Experience of mentoring, development, leading other team members
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Customer relationship, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player, flexible, pro-active, highly motivated and capable of working on own initiative
- Some UK and Overseas travel will be required
- Relationship management, written and verbal presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to demonstrate working to, and achieving tight deadlines and managing under pressure
- Drive, self motivation and a proactive approach
Ultra Electronics is committed to equal opportunities and career development both within and across all businesses
Here's a breakdown of what to expect during the application process for this role:
… After graduation, my job search focused on finding work and I focused on the defense sector. While looking at Ultra, it was clear they were a company I wanted to learn more about to discover where I might fit in.
In my first impressions, it was the people who convinced me to join. Everyone seemed to feel they were part of a team, working together to produce successful products.
My co-workers are glad to teach what they know and explain their work, as Ultra has a great atmosphere for learning informally. The technical knowledge I’m applying, along with the communication and teamwork here, allow people to express their knowledge and use it towards successful projects.
Working at Ultra is helping me develop the skills which will lead me to possess the technical aptitude and leadership abilities to function as a project lead or enter into a managerial role…
UK UltraSelect Benefits
As a UK employee you are offered company paid life assurance and membership of a contributory pension scheme as part of UltraSelect, the Group's flexible benefits scheme. Each year Ultra offers a SAYE scheme for all employees. UltraSelect offers important benefits flexibility for all UK employees by giving you the opportunity to consider how you wish to receive your benefits package from the company.