Business: Ultra Electronics Command & Sonar Systems
JOB TITLE: Capability Manager / System Design Authority (SDA) for Combat Management Systems
To ensure that the architecture and design of UECSS combat system products are fit for purpose. To lead subsystem integration, development and deployment of UECSS C4I products and develop and maintain the technology roadmap for UECSS C4I systems. To provide combat system subject matter expertise as part of bid teams and in support of Sales and Marketing customer focused and internally focused activities.
Capability Managers are responsible for ensuring that all company offerings align with the company strategic plan and that technology and product roadmaps are developed and maintained. This includes but is not limited to:
Provide Battle Space Management domain expertise to support the innovative development of the Combat System portfolio of products;
- Ensuring that the architecture, design and technology roadmap of the Combat System product portfolio evolves through progressive and disruptive innovation, so it remains relevant and competitive in the marketplace;
- Capability planning and development of roadmaps to ensure that the Capability Area meets the relevant UECSS strategic objectives;
- Identifying competitive and technical threats to the successful realisation of the UECSS strategy and mitigate these where possible within the Capability Area;
- Supporting the sales and marketing team in the identifying and development of new opportunities within the Combat Systems domain;
- Support the Sales and Marketing team at customer focused events and conferences with domain expertise;
- Maintain technical knowledge, skills relevance and domain expertise through research and attendance at key domain conferences;
- Engineering aspects of bids and proposals within the Combat Systems Domain;
- Identifying opportunities for, and securing external R&D funding to develop the Combat System product portfolio and ensure that business objectives are satisfied;
- Performing a System Design Authority role on nominated projects;
- Ensuring PV projects within the Combat System Domain has maximum benefit to the business and ensure it satisfies its technical business objectives;
- Determining resource requirements for PV, B&P and future B&P / orders and feeding these into the forward load;
- Providing coaching and mentoring to allocated engineers, to develop engineering competence within the business;
- Identifying, developing and implementing new or appropriate process and procedure improvements, to meet current and emergent engineering requirements in line with the business strategic vision and engineering best practice;
- Liaise with other Capability Managers to ensure strategic competitive technological alignment within UECSS capabilities and product sets.
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Degree in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent qualification / experience.
- Experience in the operation and development of Combat Management Systems is essential.
- Experience in the application of Cyber Security in systems integration and Military Security Domains.
- Experience and ability to be customer focused and author technical bid proposals is essential.
- Significant experience across all areas of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, with SDA experience desirable.
- Appreciation of software, electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Able to travel to UK and worldwide destinations when required
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managerial Courage
- Organisational Agility
- Problem Solving